The Instructional Coach has the primary job of driving academic and character outcomes for scholars and staff alike. The Director should focus 75% of their time on instructional leadership and coaching, specifically all of the activities involved in leading and developing teachers to improve their instruction and drive scholar achievement. At College Bound, School Leaders also build lasting and sustainable organizations by developing a pipeline of future School Leaders, recruitment of staff and scholars, and creating systems for the ongoing development of school staff. The Instructional Coach will continually ensure that scholar achievement data drives instructional decisions at the classroom and school level.
Our Instructional Leader will:
• Join a groundbreaking faculty of teachers and leaders who are committed to closing the achievement gap and raising the bar for all children.
• Develop staff in furthering the depth of math and literacy instruction.
• Support teacher leaders in classrooms filled with resources and technology.
• Go above and beyond to consistently innovate and improve one's practice and that of their teammates.
• Develop and execute weekly professional development sessions, including grade-team planning meetings, training on classroom management and curriculum, sessions devoted to studying student work and using it to action plan coaching and development.
• Give and receive in the moment feedback and support from the school leadership team and teacher leaders.
• Collaborate with fellow teachers and leaders through the sharing of best practices through modeling, video-sharing lessons and side by side practice.
• Model exceptional organizational strengths in both time management and balancing various work streams.
Special projects and duties outside of primary coaching responsibilities as assigned.
Read, understand, and adhere to all CBA Policies - Staff Handbook, Family Handbook, etc.
If you are interested in applying, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.