Our Elementary Lead Teacher role is an opportunity for individuals who are results-driven educators, passionate about transforming education in Tulsa. As an Elementary Lead Teacher, you will be joining a team of driven individuals and helping to guide young students' first experiences with education using a rigorous curriculum in a warm/strict environment.
Our Lead Teacher will:
• Join a groundbreaking faculty of teachers who are committed to closing the achievement gap and raising the bar for all children.
• Build foundational skills in math and literacy and promote a love of literacy.
• Teach in classrooms filled with resources and technology.
• Go above and beyond to consistently innovate and improve one's practice.
• Guide the academic and social-emotional development of some of our youngest learners through block play.
• Benefit from weekly leadership-led professional development sessions, including grade-team planning meetings, training on classroom management and curriculum, sessions devoted to studying student work and using it to action plan.
• Receive in the moment feedback and support from the school leadership team.
• Collaborate with fellow teachers through the sharing of best practices through modeling, video-sharing lessons.
To be considered as a Lead Teacher, you should have:
• At least 1 year of full-time lead teaching experience. (Preferable)
• A Bachelor's degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
• A demonstrated track record of propelling student academic growth and mastery.
• The drive to ensure that joyful, rigorous instruction is delivered to every scholar, every day.
Our ideal candidate will have:
• A Bachelor's degree and teaching certification.
• High expectations in a classroom environment, and the ability to enforce 100% engagement at all times.
• A passion for working with young students and inspiring a life-long love of learning.
• A proven record of rigorous study and preparation to do the intellectual work needed to execute instruction at a high level.
• The stamina to handle the requirements of an extended school day in a fast-paced school environment.
• A sense of urgency while remaining detail oriented; thinking critically about the details of a task at hand and planning in order to meet project timelines to drive real-time progress.
• The flexibility to adjust priorities with changing tasks and schedules as needed.
If you are interested in applying, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.