Teachers hold primary responsibility for the implementation and development of College Bound’s curriculum and the success of its students. Therefore, College Bound seeks teachers who are committed to continuously improving curriculum and instruction.
- Plan and teach varied content area curriculum.
- Performing Arts only: Design, direct and produce school productions annually, and community meetings weekly.
- Demonstrate a relentless drive to improve the minds, characters & lives of students in & out of school.
- Show unwavering commitment to urban youth achieving greatness.
- Create a positive, structured learning environment to ensure that students embrace the school’s core values, high expectations, and strict code of conduct.
- Implement curricula and activities to meet grade level content area standards.
- Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices.
- Participate in the collaborative curriculum development process.
- Provide consistent rewards and/or consequences for student behavior.
- Share responsibility for grade-level and school-wide activities.
- Focus constantly on student learning, thinking critically and strategically to respond to student learning needs.
- Engage families in their children’s education.
- Commit to continual professional growth, participating actively in department meetings, faculty meetings, and other meetings.
- Participate in an annual four-week staff orientation and training.
- Drive to improve the minds and lives of students in and out of the classroom;
- Proven track-record of high achievement in the classroom;
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for content subject area;
- Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player;
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred; and
- Valid State Certification is helpful but not required. Belief in and alignment with College Bound’s core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable