We are seeking mission-driven Math teachers who possess a strong desire to foster high levels of academic achievement with academically underserved students. Our staff is committed to continuing their own learning and refining their practice to stay current in the field, ensuring a quality education for all. Our Elementary Lead Teacher role is an opportunity for individuals who are results-driven educators, passionate about transforming education in Tulsa. As an Elementary Lead Teacher, you will be joining a team of driven individuals and helping to guide young students' first experiences with education using a rigorous curriculum in a warm/strict environment.
Our Math Lead Teacher will:
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops to maintain and improve professional content mastery.
- Effectively instruct students in assigned content area(s) as prescribed by College Bound Academy’s academic content standards through direct instruction, demonstration and using audio-visual aids and other materials to supplement presentations with the overall goal of engaging student learning.
- Teachers are expected to lead a Homeroom of scholars, beginning and ending the day with them, as well as being the first point of contact for their families.
- Work as part of interdisciplinary team and within content areas planning and aligning curricula to ensure that instruction follows curriculum guidelines or requirements of state and school.
- Set clear short-term and long-term goals to drive instruction.
- Develop and submit weekly and long range lesson plans containing standards, objectives, essential questions, and assessments; assign lessons and review homework.
- Consistently administer tests to evaluate pupil progress, record results, and issue meaningful reports to inform parents of progress.
- Create and implement student intervention plans when necessary for students with special education program and general education students.
- Maintain the school's student management policies and procedures (i.e., attendance records, dress code, etc.) and report to the school administrators when necessary.
- Maintain effective supervision and discipline in the classroom.
- Work with other teachers and administrators to address and resolve student issues.
- Provide necessary accommodations and modifications for growth and success of all students.
- Special projects and duties outside of primary teaching responsibility as assigned.
- Benefit from weekly leadership-led professional development sessions, including grade-team planning meetings, training on classroom management and curriculum, sessions devoted to studying student work and using it to action plan.
· Receive in the moment feedback and support from the school leadership team.
· Collaborate with fellow teachers through the sharing of best practices through modeling, video-sharing lessons.
To be considered as a Lead Teacher, you should have:
· 1 year of full-time lead teaching experience. (Preferred)
· A Bachelor's degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
· Teaching Certification (Preferred)
· A demonstrated track record of propelling student academic growth and mastery.
· The drive to ensure that joyful, rigorous instruction is delivered to every scholar, every day.