Our Elementary Substitute Teacher & Interventionist role is an opportunity for individuals who are results-driven educators, passionate about transforming education in Tulsa. As an Substitute Teacher, you will be joining a team of driven individuals and helping to guide young students' first experiences with education using a rigorous curriculum in a warm/strict environment.
Our Substitute Teacher/Interventionist will:
· Join a groundbreaking faculty of teachers who are committed to closing the achievement gap and raising the bar for all children.
· Build foundational skills in math and literacy and promote a love of literacy through small group interventions
· Substitute teach in classrooms filled with resources and technology.
· Benefit from weekly leadership-led professional development sessions, including grade-team planning meetings, training on classroom management and curriculum, sessions devoted to studying student work and using it to action plan.
· Receive in the moment feedback and support from the school leadership team.
· Collaborate with fellow teachers through the sharing of best practices through modeling, video-sharing lessons.
To be considered as a Substitute Teacher, you should have:
· At least 1 year of experience in a school setting (preferred, not mandatory).
· A Bachelor's degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
· The drive to ensure that joyful, rigorous instruction is delivered to every scholar, every day.
Our ideal candidate will have:
· A Bachelor's degree.
· High expectations in a classroom environment, and the ability to enforce 100% engagement at all times.
· A passion for working with young students and inspiring a life-long love of learning.
· A proven record of rigorous study and preparation to do the intellectual work needed to execute instruction at a high level.
· The stamina to handle the requirements of an extended school day in a fast-paced school environment.
· A sense of urgency while remaining detail oriented; thinking critically about the details of a task at hand and planning in order to meet project timelines to drive real-time progress.
· The flexibility to adjust priorities with changing tasks and schedules as needed.